CLICK HERE to review the feedback from our pilot workshops.
The CyberGenerations program covers basic topics of cybersecurity and provides additional resources which can help our seniors identify potential cyberattacks directed at them or their loved ones.
- Introduction - Cybersecurity 101: Helps learn the basics of cybersecurity, including physical threats to cyber safety and the importance of personally identifiable information.
- Module 1 - Password Management: The importance of maintaining good password hygiene and tips on creating strong, unique passwords.
- Module 2 - Common Internet Threats: Raise awareness about malware, social engineering methods (phishing, vishing, etc.) and public Wi-Fi tips to avoid becoming victims of cybercrime.
- Module 3 - Internet Scams and Fraud: Different types of scams targeting seniors, how to recognize false customer service calls, identity theft, and online shopping tips.
- Module 4 - Social Media Safety: Understanding privacy settings, becoming mindful of the various social media scams, and information about social media etiquette.
- Self-Help Resources: Direct contact information for government and local resources
The program is designed to have an instructor present the CyberGenerations curriculum to a community of senior citizens attending the workshop. The program was designed to be given over five 1-hour sessions with the initial session being an introduction of cybersecurity with four subsequent meetings where individual modules will be presented and discussed.
The CyberGenerations Self-Paced Guide acts as supplementary material with additional information on the topics discussed during the presentations.
The CyberGenerations Senior Citizens’ Cyber Safety kit includes:
- CyberGenerations Interest Flyer that can be shared for generating interest and recruiting participants.
- CyberGenerations Curriculum for the workshop.
- CyberGenerations Self-Paced Guide for the participants with additional material for each module.
- CyberGenerations Instructor Guide containing module information and notes for the curriculum.
- Printable activities and answer keys specifically designed for each session.