It is with great disappointment that we announce the cancellation of this year's in-person CyberPatriot National Finals Competition. (click here for a list of the National Finalist teams
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we find it impossible to move forward with this event. Travel restrictions issued by local and state governments have forced many teams to cancel their travel to the National Finals Competition. After a careful assessment of many other factors, including the health and safety of our students, guests, and the community at large, and evaluating the risks associated with proceeding with an in-person CyberPatriot National Finals Competition, we have decided to transition this event to a virtual national finals event.
AFA's CyberPatriot Program Office is committed to a high-quality virtual event and we are now deeply engaged with our CIAS technical partners and staff in developing the specific plans to execute.
Our current thinking includes:
- A one-day event
- All National Finalist teams in all divisions will compete concurrently from their home locations or from a location nearby
- The use of distributed network "images" as used in our online rounds of competition with the
- Inclusion of the Cisco Networking Academy Challenge
- The use of on-site proctors to ensure competition integrity and to certify results (we will request assistance from CyberPatriot sponsor representatives and others as proctors)
- Presentation of opening ceremonies, TCP/IP (sponsor career presentations), and the awards ceremony by way of online streaming
- Full usual award of the usual generous Northrop Grumman scholarships to the top three teams in the Open and All Service Divisions
- For the first time, award of Cisco scholarships to the top Cisco Network Academy Challenge teams in the Open and All Service Divisions
- Distribution via FedEx of National Finalist competitor apparel, mementos, and sponsor-provided "goody bags" as usually provided to finalists
The "Virtual Award Ceremony" is planned to include video streaming announcements of division medalists by our key industry leaders.
We plan to stream events to ensure parents, teachers, administrators, and others can be kept fully informed and so that they can fully follow the excitement.
We are carefully considering the timeline. The virtual event might not be conducted on the dates the in-person championship was to have been held. The pacing factors are allowing adequate system testing time and building out and testing the streaming capability. We are sensitive to the need to conclude the event before the school year ends. More information will be made available as it develops.
We realize that this news comes as a great disappointment to many (including the CyberPatriot Program Office), but we ask for your understanding given these extraordinary circumstances.
At the present time, we remain fully committed to delivering a full schedule of AFA CyberCamps this summer. If you have not already registered to host a Basic or an Advanced CyberCamp, we encourage you to do so on our website at https://uscyberpatriot.org/afa-cybercamps/getting-started/host-a-camp
. Registration remains open until May 1st.
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. And, as always, thank you for your support of CyberPatriot.