Looking to promote or get involved in CyberGenerations? Check out the engagement guide!
Through the generous support of AT&T, a new and improved version of CyberGenerations has arrived!
CyberGenerations -- the Senior Citizens' Cyber Safety Initiative -- is designed to equip senior citizens with the knowledge needed to stay protected from cyber-crimes. The program can be hosted as a workshop for small or large groups, or it can be completed individually through the use of a self-paced guide.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: Understand the importance of cybersecurity, browsing the web safely, and protecting personal information
- Password Management: Create strong passwords and maintain good password hygiene
- Common Internet Threats: Recognize and avoid malware and social engineering
- Internet Scams and Fraud: Recognize internet and phone scams, protect your identity, and shop online safely
- Social Media Safety: Understand the importance of good social media etiquette and utilization of privacy settings
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE!
The CyberGenerations Self-Paced Guide is a digital document that allows you to complete the program on a schedule that's best for you!
CONDUCT A WORKSHOP!
CyberGenerations was designed to be given as an in-person workshop. We understand that many communities may not be able to host workshops due to COVID-19 restrictions. The materials can be given in a virtual platform or we have created a virtual workshop that individuals can do at their own pace from anywhere.
Workshop Resources include:
- Interest Flyer (editable)
- Facilitator Guide
- Workshop PowerPoint
- Supplemental Activities & Jeopardy PowerPoint
- Self-Paced Guide (PDF)